Welcome to ILR 55+ Programs
The Institute for Learning in Retirement (ILR 55+) at FCC is Frederick County’s premier knowledge and discovery destination for adults age 55 and older. Join us to enjoy arts and music, discover a new perspective on history, discuss current local and world issues, explore digital photography, and more. Click here for important messages regarding COVID-19 >>
Register for Spring Classes
In an effort to keep us all safe, most ILR courses will be offered online this spring. We are committed to ensuring our students still have access to unique and stimulating learning experiences through our many courses. To see what's new, download our new Spring 2021 schedule PDF, or scroll down and select an area of interest to learn more. If have questions about how online courses will work, we invite you to register for one of our free 30-minute tutorial sessions. As always, if you have any questions, please contact us to learn more.
Frederick Community College COVID-19 Updates
Online Classes Terminology
The College employs terminology to distinguish between different online learning formats – the ways in which students and instructors meet in online environments. The way ILR online classes meet is now referred to as “Structured Remote (SR)” because your classes meet at specific times for real-time interaction. When you sign up for a class, you may notice an “(SR)” acronym in the class title. This is for administrative purposes only. The way you register, access, and participate in ILR online classes remains the same. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at (301) 846-2561 or email ILR@frederick.edu.
Online Classes Guidelines
- These classes are only available online.
- To participate in an online class, you must be able to open an email, click on the class link and access the class from your own personal computer/tablet.
- At least a day before the class starts, we will email a specific class link to you. When you receive that email, open it and click on that link to join the class and enjoy your online learning experience.
- FCC is unable to provide individual technical support before or during these classes.
- Should you experience technical difficulties and not be able to access the course, please contact us.
- Only registered participants (those who have paid the class fee and are officially on the class roster) may join the applicable online class.
Learning on Location Classes
Learning on Location participants must abide by Maryland Governor Larry Hogan’s Executive Order requiring the use of face coverings. Face coverings are required in the public spaces of all businesses and in outdoor public areas, whenever it is not possible to maintain physical distancing. Read the governor’s order.
FCC Stage 2
FCC is currently in Stage 2 of the Frederick Community College Roadmap to Resilience and Recovery plan. As we continue to develop ways to safely and thoughtfully offer a few in-person instructional experiences, we tried to anticipate questions and provide answers about what to expect should you register for a class that meets on Main Campus or at the Monroe Center. Additional information is available here.
Kelli Ackiewicz • Program Manager
(301) 846-2561 • ILR@Frederick.edu
Frederick Community College
Continuing Education & Workforce Development
7932 Opossumtown Pike • Frederick, MD 21701
(301) 624-2888 • CEInfo@frederick.edu