The Cushwa Warehouse and basin and the former trolley power house (“Trolley Barn”) are discussed as well as a sawmill and furniture factory once located in the area. The canal is crossed on a new pedestrian bridge with a short flight of steps on both sides built on the RR lift bridge. On the towpath side of the canal, the restored Conococheague Aqueduct is toured. During the half mile walk down the towpath to Lock 44, the 1909 Rt. 11 bridge, 1923 RR lift bridge, and the 1879 Bollman Company bridge along with the history of its predecessors, are all discussed. At the lock, the once busy commercial area on the berm that included a mill and the Steffey and Findlay Company coal yards as well the lock, bypass flume, creosote dip tank, and lockhouse are all discussed.