Healthcare & Wellness >> Sterile Processing
« back to courses page
Become a Sterile Processing Technician
In today's healthcare industry, the continued focus on patient safety is generating an ever-increasing demand for Sterile Processing Technicians.
Sterile Processing Technician Workforce Training Certificate • 2 Courses
Meet a critical need and start your career today by earning a Workforce Training Certificate (WTC) at FCC. Prepare for industry certification with instruction focusing on microbiology, decontamination and disinfection, infection control, ethics, standards, and more.
• CAH 145 Foundation for Healthcare Careers or
ADE 625 Bridge to Careers: Healthcare
• CAH 333 Sterile Processing Technician Training
• To enroll, academic readiness in English must be demonstrated by fulfilling one of the below requirements. Contact us at CEInfo@frederick.edu or 301.624.2888 to discuss the best option for you.
- Accuplacer Test score of 237 or more on Next Gen Reading or 102 or more on ESL Reading
- Earning a C or better in ENGL 70 at FCC
- Providing a high school or college course transcript
- Providing scores from TOEFL, ACT, AP, CLEP, DSST, GED, PARCC/MCAP or SAT exams
- Earning CNA or CMA credential or providing a transcript with completion of MEDA101, SURG130, or NURS101
• Co-requisite: Current AHA Basic Life Support CPR card or registration in SAF 157: CPR Basic Life Support.
• To receive a WTC, participants must successfully complete designated WTC program course(s) as approved by the College.
• Review WTC eligibility requirements.
• This program results in industry credentials eligible for academic credit conversion. Learn More >>
Click Show All below to see all classes in this category