Healthcare & Wellness >> Sterile Processing
« back to courses page
Become a Sterile Processing Technician
Earn a Sterile Processing Technician Workforce Training Certificate at Frederick Community College. In today's healthcare industry, the continued focus on patient safety is generating an ever-increasing demand for Sterile Processing Technicians. You can start your career today and meet a critical need by preparing for industry certification with Sterile Processing Technician Training: Fundamentals. Instruction focuses on anatomy and physiology, microbiology, decontamination and disinfection, ethics, standards, and more. Browse classes below to get started.
• CAH145 Foundation for Healthcare or ADE632 Bridge to Careers: Healthcare
• CAH333 Sterile Processing Technician Training
Please review the following requirements to enroll as candidates will need to:
• Demonstrate academic readiness in English by fulfilling one of the below requirements. Contact us to discuss your best option.
- Visit the FCC Testing Center to take a free Accuplacer Test and score
> 237 on Next Gen Reading or
> 229 Reading & 237 Writing or
> 102 on ESL reading or
> 276 on ESL overall
- Place into or be enrolled in ENGL 70 or higher
- Provide recent high school or college grades.
- Provide TOEFL, ACT, AP, CLEP, DSST, GED, PARCC/MCAP or SAT exam scores.
- Earn CNA or CMA credential or provide transcript with MEDA101, SURG130, or NURS101
• Co-requisite: Current AHA Basic Life Support CPR card or registration in SAF157: CPR Basic Life Support.
• Review WTC eligibility requirements.
Click Show All below to see all classes in this category