Healthcare & Wellness >> Phlebotomy Technician
« back to courses page
Become a Phlebotomy Technician
As integral members of medical laboratory teams, phlebotomy technicians primarily collect blood samples from patients while also drawing blood for transfusions, donations and research. The need to assure quality and patient safety mandates strict professional standards of practice.
Phlebotomy Technician Workforce Training Certificate • 4 Courses
Start your new career by earning a Workforce Training Certificate (WTC) at FCC. Develop your skills, enhance your credentials and prepare for success in the healthcare industry. Acquire the knowledge to safely perform tasks relating to blood collection while gaining comprehensive skills to safely perform venipuncture.
• CAH 145 Foundation for Healthcare Careers or
ADE 625 Bridge to Careers: Healthcare
• CAH 156 Phlebotomy 1
• CAH 157 Phlebotomy 2
• CAH 158 Phlebotomy Technician Clinical
• To enroll, academic readiness in English must be demonstrated by fulfilling one of the below requirements. Contact us at CEInfo@frederick.edu or 301.624.2888 to discuss the best option for you.
- Accuplacer Test score of 237 or more on Next Gen Reading or 102 or more on ESL Reading
- Earning a C or better in ENGL 70 at FCC
- Providing a high school or college course transcript
- Providing scores from TOEFL, ACT, AP, CLEP, DSST, GED, PARCC/MCAP or SAT exams
- Earning CNA or CMA credential or providing a transcript with completion of MEDA101, SURG130, or NURS101
• Co-requisite: Current AHA Basic Life Support CPR card or registration in SAF 157: CPR Basic Life Support.
• Review WTC eligibility requirements.
• This program results in industry credentials eligible for academic credit conversion. Learn More >>
Click Show All below to see all classes in this category