Healthcare & Wellness >> Phlebotomy Technician
« back to courses page
Become a Phlebotomy Technician
Phlebotomy technicians are integral members of medical laboratory teams working in clinical labs, hospitals, medical practices, blood donation sites and diagnostic laboratories.
Technicians primarily collect blood samples from patients while also drawing blood for transfusions, donations and research. The need to assure quality and patient safety mandates strict professional standards of practice for phlebotomists. According to BLS.gov, nearly all employers seek phlebotomists with professional certification.
• Cost includes material and background check fees. Textbook and clinical requirement fees are additional.
• Clinical schedules will vary.
• Placement into ENGL75 or ESOL72. Visit the FCC Testing Center.
• CAH145 - Foundations for Healthcare Careers • Students must be 18 years of age or older.
• CPR (SAF157 Basic Life Support)
In-person registration is required in our Continuing Education Registration Office.
• CAH 145 Foundations for Healthcare Careers (36 hrs)
• CAH 154 Phlebotomy Technician Prep I: Theoretical (33 hrs)
• CAH 155 Phlebotomy Technician Prep II: Practical (48 hrs)
• CAH 466 Phlebotomy Technician Clinical (100 hrs + 100 venipuncture procedures)
Click Show All below to see all classes in this category