Healthcare & Wellness >> Phlebotomy Technician
« back to courses page
Phlebotomy technicians are integral members of medical laboratory teams working in clinical labs, hospitals, medical practices and blood donation sites. Technicians primarily collect blood samples from patients while also drawing blood for transfusions, donations and research. The need to assure quality and patient safety mandates strict professional standards of practice for phlebotomists.
• Acquire essential skills involving aspects of blood collection and lab tests.
• Prepare for several national certification exams.
• Program cost includes material and background check fees. Textbook and clinical requirement fees are not included.
• Clinical schedules are daytime hours only. Evening schedules are not available at this time.
• CPR (SAF157 Basic Life Support). Register for an upcoming CPR training class.
• Placement into EN75 (or EN52) or ESL72. A placement test may be taken at the FCC Testing Center.
• Students must be 18 years of age or older.
In-person registration is required in our Continuing Education Registration Office.
• CAH 145 Foundations for Healthcare Careers (36 hours)
• CAH 154 Phlebotomy Technician Preparation I: Theoretical Applications (33 Hours)
• CAH 155 Phlebotomy Technician Preparation II: Practical Applications (48 Hours)
• CAH 466 Phlebotomy Technician Clinical (100 Hours + 100 venipuncture procedures)
Click Show All below to see all classes in this category