Healthcare & Wellness >> Phlebotomy Technician
« back to courses page
Become a Phlebotomy Technician
Earn a Workforce Training Certificate (WTC) at FCC to become an integral member of a medical lab team. Learn how to assure quality and patient safety, draw blood for transfusions, donations and research, and acquire the knowledge to safely perform tasks relating to blood collection while gaining comprehensive skills to safely perform venipuncture.
This program also results in industry credentials eligible for academic credit conversion. Now is the best time to enhance your credentials and prepare for success in the healthcare industry.
Phlebotomy Technician • 4 Courses
Browse classes below to get started.
• CAH145 Foundation for Healthcare or ADE632 Bridge to Careers: Healthcare
• CAH156 Phlebotomy 1
• CAH157 Phlebotomy 2
• CAH158 Phlebotomy Technician Clinical
Please review the following prior to enrolling.
1. Participants must demonstrate academic readiness in English by fulfilling one requirement below. Contact us to discuss your best option.
• Visit the FCC Testing Center and score
= 237 on Next Gen Reading or
= 229 Reading & 237 Writing or
= 102 on ESL reading or
= 276 on ESL overall
• Place into or be enrolled in ENGL 70 or higher
• Provide recent high school or college grades.
• Provide TOEFL, ACT, AP, CLEP, DSST, GED, PARCC/MCAP or SAT exam scores.
2. Review WTC eligibility requirements.
3. Program co-requisite: current AHA Basic Life Support CPR card or registration in SAF 157: CPR Basic Life Support.
4. Prior to attending Clinical, provide required proof of a physical examination and up-to-date immunizations, including COVID-19 vaccination series.
5. A high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is required to be employed as a Phlebotomist.
Please feel free to contact us at (240) 629-7907 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Click Show All below to see all classes in this category
Click on the class title to see the full class description.