Healthcare & Wellness >> Veterinary Assistant
« back to courses page
Become a Veterinary Assistant
Earn a Veterinary Assistant Workforce Training Certificate at Frederick Community College and prepare to work as a vital member of an animal care team. Our proven and trusted career program features valuable training opportunities from initial introduction to advanced hands-on clinical experience and side-by-side training with experienced veterinary teams. Get ready to combine your love of animals with Veterinary Assistant training to prepare for a successful and rewarding career. Browse classes below to get started.
• CAH145 Foundation for Healthcare or ADE632 Bridge to Careers: Healthcare
• VET130 Veterinary Assistant 1
• VET131 Veterinary Assistant 2
Please review the following requirements to enroll as candidates will need to:
• Demonstrate academic readiness in English by fulfilling one of the below requirements. Contact us to discuss your best option.
- Visit the FCC Testing Center to take a free Accuplacer Test and score
> 237 or higher in the QAS section (or earn a B or better in MATH80 or MATH50 at FCC.) and
> 237 on Next Gen Reading or
> 229 Reading & 237 Writing or
> 102 on ESL reading or
> 276 on ESL overall
- Place into or be enrolled in ENGL 70 or higher
- Provide recent high school or college grades.
- Provide TOEFL, ACT, AP, CLEP, DSST, GED, PARCC/MCAP or SAT exam scores.
- Earn CNA or CMA credential or provide transcript with MEDA101, SURG130, or NURS101
• Review WTC eligibility requirements.
Click Show All below to see all classes in this category