Healthcare & Wellness >> Veterinary Assistant
« back to courses page
Become a Veterinary Assistant
Combine your love of animals with Veterinary Assistant training to prepare for a successful and rewarding career.
Veterinary Assistant Workforce Training Certificate • 3 Courses
Prepare to work as a vital member of an animal care team. Training focuses on veterinary administrative procedures, pharmacology, first aid, vaccinations, procedures, techniques, nutrition, and more.
• CAH 145 Foundation for Healthcare Careers or
ADE 625 Bridge to Careers: Healthcare
• VET 130 Veterinary Assistant 1
• VET 131 Veterinary Assistant 2
To enroll, academic readiness must be demonstrated by fulfilling the below requirements. Contact us at CEInfo@frederick.edu or 301.624.2888 to discuss your best options.
- Accuplacer Math Test score of 237 or higher (QAS section) or
- B or better in MATH 80 or MATH 50 at FCC
- Accuplacer Test score of 237 or higher on Next Gen Reading, or 102 or higher on ESL Reading
- C or better in ENGL 70 at FCC
- High school or college course grades
- Scores from TOEFL, ACT, AP, CLEP, DSST, GED, PARCC/MCAP or SAT exams
- CNA or CMA credential or transcript with completion of MEDA101, SURG130, or NURS101
• Co-requisite: Current AHA Basic Life Support CPR card or registration in SAF 157: CPR Basic Life Support.
• Be sure to review WTC eligibility requirements.
• This program results in industry credentials that are eligible for academic credit conversion. Learn More >>
Click Show All below to see all classes in this category