Healthcare & Wellness >> Veterinary Assistant
« back to courses page
Combine your love of animals with FCC's training program to begin a new career! As a vital member of an animal care team, veterinary assistants support veterinarians and veterinary technicians and often work in clinics and animal hospitals. At FCC, acquire essential skills and knowledge needed to perform the responsibilities of an entry-level position in the field. Gain hands-on experience in local veterinary hospitals during clinical rotations within in the program. Review additional Career & Industry Outlook information.
• Instruction follows the recommendations of the National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America (NAVTA) for essential skills delivered during a veterinary assistant training program.
• Valuable networking opportunities are presented during clinical program training in local and regional healthcare facilities.
• This annual training program begins every fall semester and concludes at the end of the following spring semester.
• CAH 145 Foundations for Healthcare Careers (36 hours)
• VET 130 Veterinary Assistant 1 (60 hours)
• VET 131 Veterinary Assistant 2 (60 hours)
• VET 132 Veterinary Assistant Clinical (100 hours)
Click Show All below to see all classes in this category