Healthcare & Wellness >> Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA/GNA)
« back to courses page
Become a Certified Nursing Assistant
Today’s expanding healthcare industry is creating an ever-increasing demand for highly-qualified personnel.
Our proven and trusted CNA/GNA career training program features a wide range of opportunities, from initial introduction to advanced hands-on clinical experience.
Earn a Workforce Training Certificate (WTC) at Frederick Community College and get ready to develop your skills, enhance your credentials and prepare for a new career in the healthcare industry. Affordable and convenient classes are now enrolling. Scroll down to learn more.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA/GNA) Workforce Training Certificate • 4 Courses
Acquire basic patient care skills and learn to measure vital signs and record medical information. Approved by the Maryland Board of Nursing (MBON), instruction reviews the CNA/GNA role, disease processes, infection control, and safety. Meets requirements for CNA certification in the state of Maryland and serves as preparation for Geriatric Nursing Assistant test.
• CAH 145 Foundation for Healthcare Careers or ADE 625 Bridge to Careers - Healthcare
• CAH 132 Certified Nursing Assistant Part I
• CAH 133 Certified Nursing Assistant Part II
• CAH 190 CNA Clinical
• Prerequisites/Co-requisites: placement into ENGL 75; ESOL 72 or ESOL 100 or Floor score of 52 (Classic) or 237 (Next Gen); or 102 LOEP.
• Co-requisite: Current AHA Basic Life Support CPR card or registration in SAF 157: CPR Basic Life Support.
• Courses meet eligibility requirements for Maryland Nursing Assistant Certification and Geriatric Nursing Assistant exams.
• Maryland Board of Nursing (MBON) application, GNA exam, fingerprinting, background investigation and drug testing fees are included. (MBON requires SSN or Tax ID number for CNA Certification.)
• Must be 16 years of age or older to participate.
• To receive a Workforce Training Certificate, participants are required to successfully complete a designated course, or series of courses, identified as a Workforce Training Certificate program, as approved by the College
• Course substitutions are not permitted. Course completion is based upon competency.
Click Show All below to see all classes in this category