Healthcare & Wellness >> Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA/GNA)
« back to courses page
Become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Our proven and trusted CNA/GNA career program features training opportunities from initial introduction to advanced hands-on clinical experience.
CNA Workforce Training Certificate • 4 Courses
Earn a Workforce Training Certificate (WTC) to acquire essential patient care skills and prepare for a new career in the healthcare industry. Approved by MD Board of Nursing (MBON), instruction details CNA/GNA roles, disease processes, infection control, and safety. Meets MD state CNA certification requirements and serves as Geriatric Nursing Assistant test preparation.
• CAH 145 Foundation for Healthcare Careers or
ADE 625 Bridge to Careers: Healthcare
• CAH 132 CNA Part I
• CAH 133 CNA Part II
• CAH 190 CNA Clinical
• To enroll, academic readiness in English must be demonstrated by fulfilling one of the below requirements. Contact us at CEInfo@frederick.edu or 301.624.2888 to discuss the best option for you.
- Accuplacer Test score of 237 or more on Next Gen Reading or 102 or more on ESL Reading
- Earning a C or better in ENGL 70 at FCC
- Providing a high school or college course transcript
- Providing scores from TOEFL, ACT, AP, CLEP, DSST, GED, PARCC/MCAP or SAT exams
- Earning a CNA or CMA credential or providing a transcript with completion of MEDA101, SURG130, or NURS101
• Co-requisite: Current AHA Basic Life Support CPR card or registration in SAF 157: CPR Basic Life Support.
• Meets MD Nursing Assistant Certification and Geriatric Nursing Assistant exam eligibility requirements.
• MD Board of Nursing (MBON) application, GNA exam, fingerprinting, background investigation and drug testing fees are included. (Requires SSN or Tax ID for CNA Certification.)
• Must be 16 or older to participate.
• Review WTC eligibility requirements.
• This program results in industry credentials eligible for academic credit conversion. Learn More >>
Click Show All below to see all classes in this category